Small Business & Individual Health Insurance in Texas FAQ
- I've been denied, do I have other options?
- Is it possible to offer one group plan even though I have employees in several states?
- What is a PPO?
- What's not covered?
- When does the "deductible" period start?
- Do you have to be self-employed to have a HSA account?
- Can an employer offer an HSA plan to their employees as a "group" plan?
- I currently offer health insurance to my employees and some of them have developed serious health conditions, will this prevent us from being able to change carriers?
- How many employees must I have to be able to offer a group plan?
- Do I have to offer group benefits to part-time employees?
- My COBRA has ended. How long do I have before I am subject to pre-existing conditions?
- Does every group have to offer COBRA?
Question: Can I offer multiple plandesigns to my employees even though I'm a small business?
Question: Is it possible to offer one group plan even though I have employees in several states?
Question: When does the "deductible" period start?
Question: Are there exceptions to this calendar year period for deductibles?
Question: How are preventive visits covered?
Question: What is a PPO?
Question: How do I know if my doctor is in my PPO network?
Question: I am thinking of offering dental benefits to my employees. Since I haven't offered it in the past, will there be a waiting period?
Question: I am starting a new company and would like to offer group health insurance to my employees. Is this possible?
Question: Do you have to be self-employed to have a HSA account?
Question: How many employees must I have to be able to offer a group plan?
Question: Are there rules on when you can contribute to an HSA savings account?
Question: What are the contribution limits for HSA plans?
Question: Can an employer offer an HSA plan to their employees as a "group" plan?
Question: Can I cover my 1099 employees on my group health plan?
Question: Does every group have to offer COBRA?
Question: I know that in 2014 everyone must have insurance but what if I can't afford it?
Question: How long can a child stay on their parent's plan?
Question: Is it true I can ONLY purchase individual health insurance from Nov 1st - Dec 1st?
Question: What if I miss the 'open enrollment' period and don't have a qualifying event? Is nothing available?